top of page
Restorative Retreat for Community Service Workers
within the Latino Community
"Our Health is a Community Resource"
Read in Spanish here
Our health is strengthened by connection: with ourselves, each other, our families, nourishing food, with nature, and with our culture.
Come and experience the medicine of nature and connection. Relax in the beautiful Commonweal Garden, enjoy nourishing foods, and explore the healing that is possible with caring connection in community.
We will explore:
• How stress affects the body, and relaxation practices
• The use of food as medicine, with a special emphasis on flavors, herbs and spices in Latin American cuisine.
• Connecting with culture and recognition of the harmful effects the dominant culture in the United States has on our health.
• Medicinal plants, sharing wisdom our ancestors passed on to use, and which plants we can grown here in West Marin
• Ways in which connecting with nature makes us healthier
• How growing our own vegetables and medicinal plants supports our health, the health of our families and our communities.
Saturday, April 9, 2022
9 a.m. a 5 p.m.
Enseñado por la Dra. Anna O'Malley y Socorro Romo, en español y ingles.
Para registrarse, llame a Socorro Romo en el West Marin Community Services, al 415-663-8361.
This retreat is made possible through grant support from West Marin Fund and in collaboration between West Marin Community Services, Coastal Health Alliance, and Natura.
bottom of page